Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October is here! The hunt is on...

Well, I have survived another year and that holy month has finally arrived! I have already found peace in my sanctuary in the trees. If only work and the "real world" would not draw me away.I dedicate this post to all of the Kansas bow hunters out there who are blessed with a farmer's kindness and given permission to hunt another year. We are a dieing breed who's anger of the Sedgewackers has given way to the panicked fear of the new weekend hunters with even fatter wallets. Now they come from New York, California and everywhere in between to hunt our giants and buy up our hunting ground. Local land owners lay down their gates and throw out the welcome mats when they smell that money. Honestly, who can blame them when their land is worth more as hunting land than it is for plowing or grazing? We blue collared red-necked boys can no longer compete. I look at my two young boys with saddened eyes knowing that when they reach that golden age of 12 and are ready to follow my footsteps to the woods, the woods will be no more.Anyway, these pages go out to all of my fellow hunters and the land owners who let us hunt their lands asking nothing more than a handshake and a man's good word (oh, and sometimes a bottle of whiskey for Christmas). God Bless Ya!I will be posting some field cam shots here of local monsters as I get them downloaded! Please do not ask where they were taken, as the response will always be, "a discreet, undisclosed location! Ha-ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great buck! Have you seen him again? What kind of camera are you using? Thanks, BuckFever

webmaster said...

Anonymous said...
That's a great buck! Have you seen him again? What kind of camera are you using? Thanks, BuckFever

October 25, 2007 7:32 AM

I have only seen this one on my camera, but I did catch a glimpse of a big 10 pt. from my stand Friday chasing off a 120 class 9 pt. They are already determining their domain!
My camera is a Moultrie 2.1 digital. Bought it for $100 at Wally World. Best money I have ever spent. Noticed that they are cheaper now! Gotta get you one!