Sunday, October 28, 2007

First Venison Meal of the Season

Well, Momma cooked me some stuffed peppers tonight. I had shot a doe 2 weeks ago, and it was a good thing. Our freezer was empty, and we had to resort to store bought beef. The doe was a 2006 model, and I have to say quite tasty. Those yearlings are not gamy at all! Probably didn't hurt that it was eating from my corn pile. I'll have her put the recipe on her page soon.
After supper, I got a phone call from a buddy of mine. He said he stuck one at 6:30 tonight and was going out to search. Hope he finds it and we'll have a new pic tomorrow!
I haven't been out since Friday morning, and it's killing me. I've been working OT, but I'm going out in the morning. Hope to have new pics from cam. Like to see if my 9 pt is still around.
Sure would like to get one before bird season opens. The old dog keeps giving me the pouty eyes. He is ready to hit the field!

No comments: