Thursday, November 29, 2007

RIFLE SEASON IS HERE!

Well, I don't know about you, but I hate these 10 days. I see the out of state tags pulling into town and shiver in horror. This should be a long needed break for me, but I will never get caught up on my sleep! I wonder what bucks will survive the short but deadly season. The phone calls are already coming in. Rumors of BBD's already spreading around town faster than a wildfire.
What really bothers me the most, are the big $$$ boys who lease a property all year for 10 days of hunting. I wouldn't mind sharing the field with them, if they didn't demand it all for themselves and weren't such &*(*@#$ about it!
Just the other day, I was approached by a man walking the fence line of my primo hunting spot. It would appear that I am surrounded by leases on all sides! The gentlemen went to the land owner and complained. He complained that I was hunting on his leased ground! He comes all the way from Wisconsin to hunt this ground and pays good money. He demanded that I be dealt with. Instead, he was told where to get off! Thank God for those good old boys, huh? It appears that out of staters don't know a fence line from a hole in the ground! Anyway, what are we to do? Until we are making 6-7 digit salaries, we are left to deal. By the way, don't they have nice bucks in Wisconsin? What's up with that?

No comments: